Not much to really look back at here, I'm kind of surprised I didn't stay up late to get this welded.
Two Holes Filled, One Found
I finally feel like I am truly moving forward on this project. I started off by sanding the inside of the front replacement panel and putting a coat of primer on it so it will get welded in later. Back to the trunk, I had acquired a replacement trunk pan that was not even close to the original (looks good in pictures), either way I chose to use it as it will never be seen as the equipment in the trunk is mounted in a way that will prevent the trunk mat from being lifted.
The patch was cut, laid in place and a couple screws to hold it while a hammered it to fit (adding screws along the way). Not much to say, tack corners, midway and then worked my way around moving a few inched at a time. Quick grind and on to the next, I did the smaller hole to the left in the picture as well.
Next I was going to work on a hole in the rear of the right wheel well and needed to remove some old seam sealer, as I removed it I started seeing holes, not a problem and should be an easy fix. That was about all the time I had.