The floor cleaned up nice. The fitment was tricky, there was a manipulation needed getting the firewall edges interlocked.
Happy New Years!
I was finally able to get my friends welder over to the house so I decided to move back to the front floor and get that out of the way. First thing that was needed was to strip all the undercoating from the replacement. With heat gun in hand I scrapped the panel clean, still had to follow up with a sander to clean the panel followed up with grinding the edges.
Next up was to grind all the rust etc. on the car where there is contact. Before I put the panel in I wanted to treat the rust in all the pockets that get covered up once the panel is installed.
January 6, 2012
With the holidays behind us I'm now able to dedicate more time to the car.