Maybe in a few years I'll look back at this and reflect.
One of the things I knew I wanted to improve was the taillights, the more I looked at them the worse they got. I was able to locate an NOS left assembly but only an NOS right lens and bezel so I'd need to use the right housing. Before I started I needed to freshen up the black paint on the right bezel.
Once I got the bezel painted I started on the bumper as it needs to be removed or at least slid back about 5" to get the taillights out. The 69 Polara taillights have a design flaw in them with one of the mounting studs pointing in the wrong direction, every one of these I have seen were cracked from bending it back some of them cracking the lens. I chose to remove the stud and just not use it.
The assembly was straight forward, with everything back together I tested it and felt they even looked brighter.