The dash was a mess, but I was able to salvage the main harness.
I spent the evening tearing down the dash because it was there. Before I had at it I took a series of pictures and compared the wiring modifications to the diagram from the CHP bulletin. No real issues other than I needed to poke my way into the glove box from the back side to release the latch, similarly with the ash tray. The harness has seen better days but looks serviceable.
While I was busy with the dash my helper was busy on the car, by the end of the evening he had the quarter pretty much ready along with the left rear door. A couple more evenings we may be ready for primer, just the rear.
Oh, and of course I busted four pins on the instrument cluster plug.