Maybe in a few years I'll look back at this and reflect.
Paint It Red
The day started with moving both cars out of the garage so I could paint the engine. The engine was originally painted with Dupli-Color Chrysler red, not quite right knowing I'd be doing a full assembly paint when done. After cleaning everything I went over all the marred hardware and gaskets with the Dupli-Color till it all looked even. The Mopar red paint was chosen to have the best match to what I thought the original color was, while working on the engine I was putting some clear paint on some other parts and hardware.
Once I was happy with the paint on the engine I put the cars back in the garage, this time I backed the Barracuda in as next up was to pull the engine. After a break for lunch I set in on clearing the engine compartment, with this rebuild I'm refreshing the entire engine compartment. By the end of the day I had everything out but the engine and it was ready to pull short of draining the coolant and pulling the radiator.