Maybe in a few years I'll look back at this and reflect.
Barracuda Engine 4.0
1.2.1 - A little background, when the car was restored in 2008 the original engine was cleaned up repainted and put in, this engine had already been rebuilt twice and was 0.060 over. The previous rebuild was done not that long before or so I thought.
2.0 - For some reason that engine overheated bad and filled up with water, this happed right at the beginning within the first week of being done and right before trying to get to its first show. The last minute the engine was pulled from my Valiant and put in. We made the show and I could work on a replacement that was show worthy.
3.0 - Somewhere while I was restoring the car I had acquired another spare engine so it was picked for use, again used. It was also cleaned up and new gaskets put in throughout and made pretty. Over time this engine just doesnít have any more power, cannot climb most grades so it is time to do an engine.
This is the original Valiant engine that I put in the car temporarily, it was a strong engine and I think low miles maybe still standard. I do have one other to pick from. There is a third block that is standard but I canít find the matching main caps.