I ended up replacing the rest when I had the grill out one of its many times.
On an original CHP harness I looked at the color of the 6 gauge siren wire and it looked brown, I even cut into it and it was brown all the way through, doubt it would fade that deep but who knows. Not being able to find brown wire I chose to put brown heat shrink on the cable and tuck in the crimp, looks brown now.
The rest of the wires were pulled through the tubing and terminated.
There was a missing headlight adjuster screw on the grill so I had to put a new on in, easier said than done. I first tried with my hands and that wasnít going to work so I got a socket and extension and tried that, no go. I tried some taps with a hammer but didnít think it was a good idea with a pot metal grill frame.
The safest way seemed to be to press them in, I managed to get a pair of sockets in place and a c-clamp and worked it in.