Like everything, once you break things down the mess isn't that bad. What it'll take to clean things up is much simpler when you look at each part separately.
Filthy Mess! (2)
This afternoon I spent some time on the fame and motor assembly. I started off taking a bunch of new pictures taking advantage of the natural lighting. With that out of the way I moved on to actually working on it.
Leave it to me to build the frame right under the torsion bar adjusting bolt, jacked up the frame and added some spacers, problem solved. I knew it was going to be one of those days when it takes 20 minutes to remove a shock. Speaking of shocks those suckers are tiny. On to the adjuster bolt, again it took some time. In the process of working on the adjuster bolt I felt I might be fighting myself with the sway bar still in place so it was detached from the frame.
Once the adjuster bolt was removed things started to pick up. I loosened the lower control arm bolt and with a few blows with a hammer the torsion bar was out. Next up was the upper ball joint again quite a bit of effort was needed to get it out, I think I'll leave the spindle attached on the other side. Knock the tie rod end loose from the center link and a few blows on the lower ball joint it was all apart. The control arms were removed and the bucket of dirt cleaned up and I was done (for the day).
By the way I was told I gave the motor mount nuts to a friend, I guess they were easier to get to than those I have put away.