The frustration came and went but I managed to keep moving. These window channels needed work but not as bad as they first looked.
Till now I had no real idea how bad the windshield channels were, I knew there were holes. The trim was removed and I tried to just bump the glass out as that basically worked on the rear, I could see the glass move but it was going to take a little more effort, nice thing was I wasn't saving the glass. And air tool was pulled out and shortly thereafter the glass was out.
The initial look was promising, just the two holes in the lower corners, as I cleaned up a couple more small ones in the upper area, that may be all of it.
Prior to removing the glass I removed the rain-rail moldings and now I can say the car is truly apart with the only thing not part of the body is the differential.