1969 Dodge Polara - California Highway Patrol
<Previous | Index | Next>

I'm Free!

January 26, 2013

Much of this phase of the blocking was completed there are still a few areas that need to be done.

January 27, 2013

For the most part this phase of the blocking is done. Some minor issues were noticed in the trim mounting so that will be resolved prior to the final blocking. Till now the blocking was all 220 grit, it will be followed up with 320 right before paint.

The jambs still need to be sanded and the inside of the driver side fender as well. There is also some final work to be done on the firewall that we will do once the front is removed for paint.

With the work being done on the body I was treating the motor with a 50/50 mix of acetone and automatic transmission fluid which was the most recommended treatment for helping to free a seized motor.

February 4, 2013

With a week of treating and attempting to break it free I finally got a pop on Friday. Throughout the weekend I continued to beat the heck out of the motor along with standing on the breaker bar and was finally able to rotate the crank about 50 degrees and rotate it back. Near the end of the day on Sunday I broke the breaker bar so I put a fresh coat of treatment on the pistons and closed it up for the day.

First thing this evening I wend at it again with a borrowed socket for the 3/4 slider bar that I had. Pretty quick I was able to get it to move a little more so I went back to the sledge and the next round I was good it was spinning.

<Previous | Index | Next>