November

November 4, 2015

Now I can put the wheel liner in, once I figure out the secret sequence of angle and rotation to get it in. Getting it in is only half the battle, there are a dozen bolts and screws to get started. Needless to say I got it in.

More Pictures

November 7, 2015

I was going to have a couple friends come by over the weekend to help get the hood on so I wanted to have as much else done as I could. All the grill support brackets were put in loosely and then the grill. There really aren’t any adjustments on installing the grill, it locks into the fenders and then you tighten the grill bracket to the grill before tightening the brackets to the core support.

All that was left was the bumper, I put the brackets on and left all the bolts loose till it was in place, that was before I realized I couldn’t get to the ones on the end. Slipped it out enough to tighten those then again put it in place, not much adjustments on the bumper other than the slop in the bolts. Slowly the bolts were tightened while I kept an eye on the alignment. This should have been a two person job but with the aid of a file box I was able to position the bumper well enough to get the mounting bolts in.

Plans were to have a couple friends drop by to help with the hood, the one friend that lives locally dropped by first who happens to also be my engine builder. We decided that it was a good time to run the engine again while we waited for my other friend. Once Ron showed up we ran the engine some more and in the process we kill the starter, a quick run to the parts store to swap it out and we were up and running.

On to the hood, first up clean the threads with a tap and we were ready. Two of us carried the hood to the car and got it in the proximity while the third held the front up, with a little effort we got all the bolts in and lowered it to see where we were. After about 20 minutes of adjusting I was happy but my friend felt we could get it better, so another hour later we called it done. I can’t even begin to explain the amount of back and forth we went through but it is done!

Ron wanted to test fit the push bar that I previously had made. The frame bolts were put in place and the bar lifted in, lined up perfectly. Once the car is done and the ride height is final the braces will be sized and welded to the bar.

Once again a couple month work wrapped up in a couple post but often the work is scattered and no one item is getting done so I get off track on doing updates.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►