October/November

October 25, 2015

I finally got the evaporator back from being inspected and with a known good unit I was clear to start assembling the box. First thing first was to remove all the old gaskets and foam, once that was done I ran a die over the threads to clean them up. The evaporator is the first thing to go in and right away I felt the stud on the evaporator was broken, it looked short. The evaporator was removed from the housing and the stud cut out, a bolt was JB Welded in and I was good to go. New gaskets from Detroit Muscle Technologies were perfect fit, the first one was glued to the heater core and set aside. I moved on to putting the new foam on all the doors.

More Pictures - October 25, 2015

More Pictures - October 26, 2015

More Pictures - October 29, 2015

October 31, 2015

Anyway, I pretty much had the assembly together and wanted to clean up the stud that the support strap connects to, never happened, before I could get the nut off the stud ripped out of the housing. I won’t add what I was saying at the time. Good thing I had another housing, it wasn’t clean and didn’t have any of the doors on it. So before I invested too much time assembling it I wanted to make sure it would clean up, in the end it cleaned up far nicer than the one I started with. The stud was cleaned up first and reinforced with JB Weld. The doors were transferred and I moved to the linkage on the end, right away I didn’t like the threads on one of the shafts and needed to find a replacement door. The shaft on the new door was a little longer and needed to ground down, not an issue, done and moved on.

Now that the AC box was done I needed to finish up installing the rest of the firewall insulation from Detroit Muscle Technologies. I’m going to be running an oil pressure gauge and a friend suggested running the tube through one of the firewall insulation pins.

More Pictures

November 3, 2015

Finally after two years of working on the AC system I am ready to put it in! First up is the recalculating air duct that is tucked up under the fender followed by the ac box assembly. The big reason you need the wheel liner out is to get the engine side housing in, even still one of the screws up under the fender is almost impossible to get in. With the cover in place I put all the nuts on loosely and then I started all the screws around the fan motor. After the five screws were tightened I started tightening the nuts, I made quick work of it, having the windshield out made it a tolerable job.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►