September/October

September 20/23, 2015

Now that I have the dash pad and still waiting on AC parts I felt it was a good time to start on the dash assembly. The first thing I did was tear down another assembly I had from the parts car so I would have pieces to pick from. I also cleaned up the original dash frame and painted it. This was a mixed in with during the steering column and somehow no pictures were taken.

More Pictures September 20, 2015

More Pictures September 23, 2015

September 26, 2015

While I had some of the steering column parts out to be powder coated I was having the jack pieces done. The mast had been soaking the entire time in vinegar with periodic scrubbing with steel wool.

Not to be stuck waiting on any one assembly I chose to tear down the differential assembly so that it could be cleaned up. Hours later all the parts were down to bare metal. Again no pictures of the cleaned parts as they were being painted as other parts were being cleaned. I will get some picture of the painted parts as they go together (they are already painted).

More Pictures

October 11, 2015

I didn’t really need a new siren brake but I got one anyway. The CHP had a brake the pulled off when energized but the one I have was designed to push. I initially thought I could swap some parts and move a spring but in further evaluation I realized I would need to get some new hardware to move the pad to the end with the magnetic shaft and the stop to the brass end. Still need to order the screws.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►