I'm Back!

August 22, 2015

Today marks five years working on this car, August 22 2010 I brought this car home and began work immediately (well the next day). Here have been times I have tried to estimate the days and time put into this project and there is no doubt that if this was a perfect world I’d be done already. Early on it was money then one vendor or another with custom parts. Even still I have various parts about being refinished.

There is no doubt that I’m in the home stretch and look forward to the day I back this car out under its own power.

After a week in vinegar the steering components are cleaned up, I'll detail those when I reassemble the column.

More Pictures

Differential

August 29, 2015

One thing I wanted to get done before I put the car on the road is to clean the differential and that area under the car. I have already cleaned up the area where the stub frame mounts but the central section will need to wait till I can get the car on a lift.

I have only ever pulled on rear out before this and it was on my other Polara so this shouldn’t have been an issue. For once I remembered to disconnect all the lines before trying to drop it. The car was lifted and put on jack stands tires removed and the jack moved to the differential. I was able to get the impact gun on some of the bolts but there were some that needed to be taken apart with a ratchet. In short order it was all apart, I gave up and cut the u-bolts. It looks to still have the factory shocks. There is some work to do on the belly of the car.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►