I'm Back!

August 2, 2015

Having the new trunk mat I wanted to compare it to the originals. I used the one from the other Polara to check the overall size and shape. They needed to add some material to make it the right size and it was added over the axle. It wasn't cut for the spare tire (although it was ordered for the convertible) I just used to original from this car as a template. I should have test fitted the original piece in the trunk first as the hole was a little off, oh well.

With that out of the way I installed to license plate bracket and plate. With that done and the mat in I felt it was as good of time as any to put the first aid kit in. With some of the repair work on the floor I needed to pound it a little to make it flat. The original mat was used to locate the bracket as it had the mounting holes from the original. The day was finished off with installing the new rear harness.

The jack parts are being restored as we speak.

More Pictures

August 6 & 7, 2015

Just some more progress shots.

More Pictures

More Pictures

August 9, 2015

While waiting for AC components and knowing the dash pad would be done soon I moved on to cleaning up the dash frame. It wasn't that bad, the back side needed a light sanding and the front just scuffed real good. I noticed that the area behind the factory switch panel had a couple pieces cut out, presumably by the CHP.

It was also time to start looking at the steering column so a set of reference picture was taken.

More Pictures

August 10, 2015

In taking the steering column apart I ran into a problem with taking the shift tube out, the shift indicator bracket was held in with a couple nylon rivets. They were drilled out, I'll deal with it later.

More Pictures

August 13, 2015

The column (and a spare) are now apart, I have some cleaning to do.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►