It is in!

January 19, 2012

Everything from now on will be minor in comparison to what was needed to get this window in, from cutting away rust, fitting the replacement to finally welding it in. This was a long day that actually started the night before with treating everything I could reach with rust converter. With the rust converter kicked off I hit everything I could reach with primer and moved on to one last repair on the replacement section.

All the edges still needed to be cleaned and that took some time on the car. With that done I put the section in for the last time (at least I hoped so). Bumped, checked, bumped, checked, bumped, checked, bumped, checked, clamped, and screwed. By the end of the day it was pretty much welded in (on the outside).

I still need to finish welding up the outside and the inside has not been touched. Even with the section in there are still some patches that need to be done and additional repair work on the window channels.

Needless to say this was a big day.

More Pictures

Weld it, Grind it!

January 23, 2012

One thing about not being a seasoned pro at this is that some things take longer. My welding skills are ok, not great just ok so I need to do a little more grinding, needless to say I did all the welds that I had previously done. After that I moved to the inside and tacked all the edges in, still more to do there.

I still need to do the fill work but there are some other repairs in those areas that need to be done.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►