Two holes filled, one found

January 7, 2012

I finally feel like I am truly moving forward on this project. I started off by sanding the inside of the front replacement panel and putting a coat of primer on it so it will get welded in later. Back to the trunk, I had acquired a replacement trunk pan that was not even close to the original (looks good in pictures), either way I chose to use it as it will never be seen as the equipment in the trunk is mounted in a way that will prevent the trunk mat from being lifted.

The patch was cut, laid in place and a couple screws to hold it while a hammered it to fit (adding screws along the way). Not much to say, tack corners, midway and then worked my way around moving a few inched at a time. Quick grind and on to the next, I did the smaller hole to the left in the picture as well.

Next I was going to work on a hole in the rear of the right wheel well and needed to remove some old seam sealer, as I removed it I started seeing holes, not a problem and should be an easy fix. That was about all the time I had.

More Pictures

January 9, 2012

The front floor went in relatively smooth having already had it in at least once. First thing was to sand down all the edges and put weld-through primer down. Once the primer setup I slipped the panel in and lined up the critical areas then put in some sheet metal screws to keep it there while I lined up the rest. With the panel in place I put in probably 90 plus screws, along the way I needed to make a few relief cuts. By the time I got all that done it was too late to weld it in.

More Pictures

January 10, 2012

Well the panel is welded in for the most part, I still need to weld the portion on each side of the heater openings. This evening my plan is to get it ground down and primed.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►