In your own back yard

April 30, 2011

After looking at the car and seeing that the center section of the trunk floor should work to fix the forward area, I went out and took a second look at the parts car I have in the yard.

First thing I saw was that I started to cut this car up (well before I even knew about my CHP car), either way I looked at it and noticed that the area that I need might be good. Broom in hand I cleared the debris and to my surprise it looks like it will work, I still need to take a sander to it and see how solid it is but overall it looks good.

One of the other patches I need looks like I will be able to get it from this panel as well. The two other pieces I should be able to get as well.

I also looked at the wheel wells to see what is needed to cut them out, this car was a hardtop so the structure on top is different but shouldn’t make a difference.

More Pictures

May 6/7, 2011

Started off by removing the wheel house as fully as I could without resorting to drilling spot welds, still not sure how but I’d like to use most of the piece that was pulled.

I then removed the other pieces as needed and proceeded to start cleaning up the primary floor section, before to long it became quickly apparent that this piece will not work.

Based on the location of this patch I’m looking at the idea of just using flat stock and not worrying about the grooves.

More Pictures

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►