Getting Closer

April 8, 2011

Soon as I got back from the DMV I went at the rear window some more. Because of the amount of effort it takes to get the section in and out I chose to trim all the edges down and round some corners. Before I pulled it out from the previous fitment I looked at where the interferences were, after trimming several areas and removing some metal that wasn't needed I tried the section again. It was easier to drop into the car and wiggle up into place, this time I was able to get it the full extent needed.

Now I need to start tightening up the joints. At this time I have about 3/4" of overlap on the joints with the exception of the drain channel where I set for a butt joint and ended up with gaps. The other edges will be trimmed back further and flanged.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►