In the Spotlight

February 26, 2011

Recently I received a pair of NOS Unity spotlights off ebay, the originals were pitted and had broken handles, and these have everything I need to put correct units on the car. With them were installation hardware as well completing the package.

Well the units were not shipped as I needed them, I needed to salvage the black shells and the shafts. The installation hardware was also for a different car but I received the correct ones at the same time.

First up was to disassemble the old units, I had already removed the housing to cleanup for paint so what I really was after was the rods and tubes that were needed for the correct length. After stripping it down I was having difficulties pulling the middle tube from the housing so I put it on the stove and went to get a couple tools, when I got back in the house I saw the housing starting to melt, oops. The second one was easier with just a little heat, good thing I didn't try this with the good parts.

With both salvaged tubes removed I needed to repeat on the NOS lights. I didn't want to chance the heat so I just used one of the removed tubes and drove the tube from the NOS housings. Mixed and matched all the parts and now I have a pair of NOS spotlights (sort of).

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►