... we have separation!

October 24, 2010

With most everything ready I threw together a cart to hold the sub frame. The frame was rolled under the car and right away I saw that I was going to need another block added. With the frame in place the wheels were removed and the weight of the car placed on the frame and everything looked fine. Before I started to unbolt the body I put the body on tripods although it wasn’t going anywhere, just wanted to take the extra weight off the cart.

Like every other bolt on the car the bolts were on the tough side removing. After removing the bolts I noticed that the parking brake cable was still in place, it came out easier than I had thought it would.

With everything ready the body was jacked off the frame. I have not tried to move the cart but I doubt I’ll get it rolling by my self, it probably weighs in al over 1000 pounds. Next up I’ll remove the motor and transmission so I can move the frame out of the way so I can haul the body to the shop.

and yes the Barracuda has been living on the driveway the last two months.

More Pictures

October 25, 2010

After thinking about it I felt I should be able to move the cart. Again I tried and it wouldn’t budge then I looked at the wheels and each one was pointed in a different direction, that fixed, it rolled now, 2". Ok something is stopping it, doh! The exhaust, now it rolls just fine and I pulled it out about two feet.

In looking at how things flexed I decided that I need to reinforce the cart.

More Pictures

October 28, 2010

Now that I could move the cart I didn't like the way it was put together so I rebuilt it which was a little dificult with everything still on it, either way I got it done and moved it to the side so I could get the casters under the front of the body.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►