Where to start

August 23, 2010

The initial plan was to get it running so bodywork could be done in class 30 miles away. Before anything is done I wanted to swap out a hood hinge that was tweaked in a prior incident, with a weld nut spinning that was put on hold till the fender comes off.

Removed the air cleaner (full of rodent gunk) good thing there was an air filter installed. With the air cleaner out of the way I pulled the distributor cap and plug wires mostly because I needed clearance to pull the fuel line with the carburetor.

First up was to pull the carburetor so it could be cleaned up. Because of stuck hardware I pulled it with the fuel line (fuel filter was gone, again looks like rodents), to do that the distributor cap and plug wires needed to be removed. Finally the carburetor was removed, everything on it moves freely and the number checks out, factory original!

More Pictures

August 24, 2010

With that done it was on to seeing if the motor can be turned with a wrench. Seven of the plugs were removed, one was left because of accessibility problems. With the plugs removed the wrench was placed on the crank and an attempt was made at spinning the motor, no go.

More Pictures

August 25, 2010

I decided that today I was just going to clean and look at stuff. Having the number for the distributor I checked to see if it was correct, it is. I also wanted to get a look at the packaging for the front door trim that was in the trunk, even though the packaging was in pretty bad shape a number was still legible. With the trim there was a package with hardware to install it, even though one of the packages was torn all the bits appeared to be there. The goofy antenna also was removed.

In all the debris in the trunk was a rotten road flare.

The rear doors are still stuck, I’ll probably need to remove the front seat and try to remove the rear door panels.

More Pictures

◄PreviousIndexNext►

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

Highslide JS

   

◄PreviousIndexNext►